BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent provides management of day-to-day operations at the Chief of Mission residence (CMR) and Deputy Chief of Mission Residence (DCMR). He/she provides guidance for ORE staff and manages their work schedules, payroll, time and attendance and assignment of duties, coordinates all representational functions held at the residences, maintains inventories and prepares vouchers. Incumbent reports directly to the Ambassador’s Office Management Specialist in the Executive Office. The ability to speak and read French and/or Arabic is needed be effective in this position.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact 71-107-320 or 71-107-136.
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Experience: One to three years work experience in either residential or hotel management or other customer service-oriented industry is required, to include one year of supervisory experience.
Language: English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) is required. Level III French and /or Arabic speaking/reading/writing, is required.
Skills and Abilities: Basic skills in bookkeeping required. Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to keep up with a wide variety of duties. Must be able to use basic computer functions.
When equally qualified, Appointment Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or
2. a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim US veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that
addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Do not attach a photo to the application; if applications are received with photos, the photos will be discarded. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office
American Embassy Tunis
Les Berges du Lac
1053 Tunis, Tunisia
Source: L’ambassade US de Tunisie